IN-HOME and RESPITE CARE SERVICES
The Senior Companion Program is a volunteer program that provides in-home and respite care services to elderly and caregivers in Cameron, Hidalgo and Willacy counties. The Program provides opportunities for low-income healthy elders to volunteer and help other older adults who are in need of assistance with activities of daily living and want to continue living at home independently.
- will provide friendship and assistance in activities of daily living to those who live alone.
- will provide (Respite Care) a break to those caring for a family member or friend.
- Will assist those recuperating from a hospital or a nursing home stay.
- Will assist those who are terminally ill.
- Will provide respite care for families of those with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders.
Senior Companions Activities Might Include:
- Companionship- conversation and listening, reading, writing letters or making phone calls
- Share hobbies, handwork, recreation, social events
- Assist with Plan or prepare a meal, grocery shopping,
- Help with paying bills, doing errands and filling out forms,
- Light housekeeping, (make bed, do dishes, dust, sweep)
- Assist with dressing and grooming
- Medication remainders
- Assist with Emergencies
- Accompany to the doctor office
- Be present for exercises, walks and bathing
There are no fees for our Senior Companion Services and there is no income requirement in determining eligibility. Disability and availability of other assistance are considered.